Sunday, December 16, 2012

Catherine Daly



In the Garden


Non Serviam

Light falls,
respects
no source.

Said, done:
light bends,
time dilates.

Emit, detect
nothing, heaven, limit.

Transgress.

And,
the compact
impure,

suggests sacraments. 
The very idea,
true thing. 

Knowledge is a beautiful crime.

InterestFascinate , don’t upset,mouths:
their teeth biteing sins’ fruits.
Eat what you can get:
blood, malice, love.


*wantonness lulled to sleep
with the virgin’s lute,
or sated with her love
                William Blake


I served what animatesd bodies, was served:
evoked, varied, twisted it,
coiled it
like a serpent.
I myself was served




Memory, madness, error:
I served perception,
demolished beauty, light,
defeated sun,  moon, sun.

***

***

1 comment:

  1. "time dilates"

    "I served perception"

    Kasia--a beautiful poem!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete